Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day two; getting older.




The 19th of April, three days ago celebrated the annual 'me-falling-out-of-my-Mum's...'

I think I'll stop there. Ahah, anywho! Like I was saying, I turned 16 three days ago and I had a fairly good birthday. I received a lot of awesome gifts from my family but sometimes they just don't compare to what your friends and lovers get you. <3

Let's face it, family has been with you your entire life. If
you're like me and my family, you've lived together for a very
large portion of your life (at least, a large po
rtion that leads up to now) and so it's only natural for them t
o know what you want and who you are.

But your friends and lovers, they've only just stepped into your world. Once again, if you're like me, you've only just had you special people become a major portion of your life. I've only had my best friend for about 3 years now, likewise for my boyfriend (but we've only been dating for 6months <3). So you have to wonder to yourself; how on
earth would they know what to get me without me telling them exactly!?

This birthday, I was pleasantly surprised with their gifts... In fact I was downright in awe.

This is a necklace that my boyfriend got me. Not only is it pretty, but its silver which meant he knew I didn't really wear gold, it also came from Prouds jewellers (that place ain't cheap!). And went and brought it all on his own, no woman advice (or so he says) lol.
He followed it up by this massive teddy!<3


Then my best friend got me the most gorgeous earings from my favourite store (Sportsgirl, but I can never shop there, it's far to expensive. Ohhh but how I love it! Anyway, ranting now...)

But are you like me and become a little obsessed with how much they paid for the present??
Like the necklace that my boyfriend got me... It definitely couldn't have been cheap, I feel like it's a waste of money to spend it on me...

Does anyone else have this problem??


No comments:

Post a Comment